Air-Stream Code of Conduct
All Members by signing a Membership form have read and agreed to the following Code of Conduct.
- Members shall become familiar with and abide by the relevant regulations of the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA).
- Members shall become familiar with and abide by the rules of the Constitution of Air-Stream Wireless Incorporated.
- Members shall seek advice wherever possible and take due care when working at height or constructing projects involving electricity or power tools.
- Members shall ensure all personal network servers with content not intended for free public distribution or “all-ages” is secured appropriately.
- No Member may enter into a contract of any kind with another Member or the public to supply a “carriage service” including Internet Access, Telephony, Gamming, Media or any other commercial service for a fee or in kind.
- Members are patient in all communications; provide friendly advice and counsel the beginner; offer assistance, cooperation and consideration for the interests of other Members.
- All Members will behave in a manner which is courteous and polite when using the network and other services made available by Air-Stream Wireless, participating groups or individual Members.
- If a Member feels affronted, they will not respond in kind. No Member shall conduct a dispute with another Member or non-member in any public forum either on the Air-Stream Network or Internet.
- If a Member feels aggrieved by another Member such grievance shall be brought to the attention of the Committee in writing. A complaint may be lodged with any Committee Member.
- All grievances brought to the attention of the Committee will receive a written response given within 14 days.
- All Members involved in any grievance or dispute will agree to participate in a conciliatory process if requested by the Committee.
- It is not the responsibility of any Member to berate or chastise any other Member.
- All Members using assets of Air-Stream Wireless will treat it with respect i.e., leave it in a clean, tidy and undamaged condition.
- No Member shall speak on behalf of Air-Stream Wireless, unless authorized to do so by the Committee.
- No Member shall access a Host Site on behalf of Air-Stream Wireless unless authorized to do so by the Committee.
- Members who are authorized to access host sites and conduct maintenance must provide photo ID and a valid mobile phone number.
- Any Member who does not abide by this Code of Conduct must show just cause why their Membership should not be suspended, and Membership fee refunded pro rata.